This course introduces the abstract data types of lists, stacks and queues, and shows show one can implement them in C++ using fundamental data structures. It also introduces recursion and algorithm analysis.
A. Ercument Cicek
Office Hours: By appointment
- Aydamir Mirzayev - EA505 - [firstname].[lastname]@bilkent.edu.tr - Office Hours: T 10:30 - 12:30
- Mahmud Sami Aydin - EA507 - [middlename].[lastname]@cs.bilkent.edu.tr - Office Hours: Th 10:30 - 12:30
Location and Hours
- Section 1: @EAZ-01, M 9:30-10:20; W 13:30 - 15:20; Spare Hour: M 8.30-9.20
- Section 2: @EAZ-01, M 10:30-11:20; W 15:30 - 17:20; Spare Hour: M 11.30-12.20
- Midterm (40%) - Mar 28, 2022, 17.30 - 19.30.
Section 1 [Akın - Kemaloğlu] --> EB101
Section 1 [Korkmaz - Yılmazyıldız] + Section 2 [Akkuş - Bilge] --> EB102
Section 2 [Bozkurt - Kılıç] --> EB103
Section 2 [Koç - Yılmaz] --> EB104
- Final (40%) - May 28, 2022, 9.00 - 11.00.
Section 1 [Akın - Onguner] --> EB101
Section 1 [Özay - Yılmazyıldız] + Section 2 [Akkuş - Gülbaz] --> EB102
Section 2 [Güven - Yılmaz] --> EB103
- Four homework assignments (20%) - will be posted and collected on Moodle.
- We will allow only ONE-day-late submissions which will be penalized for 25% in the final score. We follow no extension policy.
- FZ Policy: To avoid FZ grade, take 30% from the midterm and also 30% from each one of the first three homeworks.
- This course follows the Bilkent University Code of Academic Integrity, as explained in the Student Disciplinary Rules and Regulation. Violations of the rules will not be tolerated.
- Frank M. Carrano and Timothy Henry, Data Abstraction and Problem Solving with C++: Walls and Mirrors, any edition, Pearson, 2013 or newer (required).
- Harvey M. Deitel and Paul J. Deitel, C++ How to Program, any edition, Prentice Hall, 2011 or newer (recommended).